Sunday, June 19, 2011

In Memory of My Father on Fathers Day

Father,
If I could touch the wings of an angel,
Would they carry me up to visit you?
Father,
If I could hear the voices of angels,
Would their words remind me of things you once knew?
Father,
If I could look into the eyes of an angel,
Would they show me the world in a more vivid hue?
Father,
If I could take the hand of an angel,
Would my heart no longer feel so blue?
Father,
If I could talk with the angels,
Would they tell you how much I love you?
Father,
Now that you're able to touch the wings of angels,
I pray they carry you down to comfort me.
Father,
Now that you're able to hear the words of angels,
I pray those words bring thoughts of your family.
Father,
Now that you are looking into the eyes of angels,
I pray the visions bring you pride in all you see.
Father,
Now that you can grasp the hands of angels,
I pray your heart is carried eternally free.
Father,
Now that you are communicating with the angels,
I pray the things said bring to you a pleasant memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment